Thursday, December 30, 2010

My troubles with 'Hetalia: Axis Power.'

Well, hello there internetz. It's me again, your master...Tristan. Back with another blog about something Japanese!! (Yeah, I know, two in a row)
So this one is about 'Hetalia' The webcomic that could. It was created by Hidekaz Himaruya in 2007 I believe. And since then has been a huge hit in Japan and America, but of course, it's bigger in Japan, but of course it's not a measly webcomic anymore, but a Manga published by Tokyo Pop and a successful Anime produced by FUNimation (in the states).

Now, I could tell you about the plot and stuff and take an hour and a half, but I don't want to do that, so, here is 'Heatlia: Axis Power' in a nutshelll. GO! It's about countries being personified as humans and their slightly homosexual adventures, it's a comedy I think, and that's it. But let's get to the problem I have with it and why I don't want to read the Manga nor watch the Anime. See, it all has to do with the fandom of it, the fans are super annoying, fan fiction, Yaoi, etc. And to me, any form of anime or manga shouldn't be taken on like that, it's not supposed to be that way, it's supposed to be watched, read, and loved. Not butchered by the ever gross Yaoi craze. I'm sorry but I don't want to see poorly drawn male anime characters kissing and stuff, I mean, I have nothing at all against gay people, I love them. But people tend to take things to far. Now, I have friends who LOVE 'Hetalia' and who don't rape it like most do. So is this a stupid reason not to like 'Hetalia' despite never reading it or watching it? I mean, I could just ignore all the fangirls and fanboys and just enjoy the series for what it is, so, I'm gonna watch some of it and get back to you guys about it, okay? Cool. See you tomorrow or whatever.

BYE!!

No comments:

Post a Comment